When it comes to choosing a material paving your driveway, road or parking lot with, you have a number of options. You’ll want to choose a material that will last a long time, look good, and require little or no upkeep. One of material that checks all these boxes is asphalt. Here are five reasons asphalt is perfect for the job!
Benefits of Asphalt Paving
- Durability: Asphalt is one of the most durable materials you can choose. It is well-known for being able to stand up to large loads, frequent traffic, hail, driving rains, and snow. It’s perfect for colder climates because those salt and other snow-melting chemicals won’t cause the surface to deteriorate. And, because its black in color, it will absorb the heat from the sun, helping snow and ice melt more quickly.
- Quick Drying: Asphalt dries quickly. If you are looking to pay a small driveway, with asphalt it can be done in as little as one day. Customers find they can leave their home in the morning and come home to a newly paved driveway at night! A Houston paving & asphalt contractor can tell you, asphalt is easy to work with, too, and it’s efficient, which is one reason it’s a very popular material for parking lots, private roads, and driveways.
- Low Maintenance: Asphalt is also a low maintenance material. It’s easier to repair than other surfaces and much easier to keep clean. If there is ever a need for repair, you can find simple, inexpensive, easy to use asphalt repair kits at any home improvement store. These repair kids are perfect for repairing any small cracks or problems on an asphalt surface.
- Better for the Environment: If you’re looking to reduce your carbon footprint, choose asphalt. Asphalt can be recycled many times over. In fact, the asphalt used in your driveway or parking lot is probably recycled from another driveway, road, or parking lot. Because it is recycled, fewer greenhouse gases are released when used.
- Cost effective: Using asphalt is easier on the pocketbook, too. Asphalt is easy to produce and easy to install. This means it costs you less. In fact, it costs 40% less than concrete, and just as strong. While it’s less expensive than other materials, it is not inferior. The benefits above show you just how much you get for your money.
If you are looking to pave a private road, parking lot or driveway, consider asphalt. Contact a Houston paving & asphalt contractor today to discuss the benefits of asphalt!