Maintaining A Consistent Commitment to Quality
As a business person and an industrialist, you know that consistent production of high quality goods is a major responsibility which you owe to yourself and to your business. But how can we ensure that we consistently produce goods and services which tick all the boxes where quality is concerned? The answer is by taking consistent care of our business or industrial set-up. We must ensure that our industrial premises are in top condition at all times. There must be good and harmonious relationships on the shop floor. Most importantly, our equipment should be in the best possible condition. And if process cooling is a part of your business set-up, that’s extremely important.
5 Tips for Maintaining Your Process Cooling Equipment
There are some who would probably ignore the cooling equipment and concentrate on production machinery. But that’s a mistake. You may have the best-maintained production machinery around, but it’s all for nothing if your cooling machinery is giving a lacklustre performance. The cooling equipment and the production equipment must be on an equal priority in your awareness of things. Here are five tips for maintaining your cooling equipment.
- Ensure that your maintenance contract is up-to-date. This one, admittedly, is a no-brainer. Reminders are built into the system and the possibility of forgetting to renew a maintenance contract is very low. Keeping a maintenance contract for your cooling system with the company from which the equipment was purchased, is essential. And the machinery must be serviced several times a year, whether or not we’ve noticed anything wrong with its performance. Ensure that you listen to the recommendations from the maintenance engineers. If they feel that the equipment, or part of it, is run down or needs replacing, see that you carry out their recommendations on priority.
- Maintain a strong, friendly relationship with the customer service team. Don’t just assume that the maintenance contract takes care of everything. If you’re known by name and voice in the customer service office, that will go a long way towards ensuring that your complaints and feedback get prompt attention when the chips are down. You might not have time to call the customer service team regularly to fill them in on your opinion of the system performance. You can delegate the task to a trusted employee to speak to them regularly on your behalf. This little investment of time will pay dividends.
- Ensure that the equipment is cleaned regularly. Take the advice of the maintenance engineers and customer service team regarding this. Regular cleaning, with the correct materials will ensure that the cooling system continues to give a consistently high performance. Also, hygiene is of paramount importance with regard to cooling systems of all kinds. So, keep it in mind.
- Request equipment users to immediately report if they notice any kind of unusual smell. You don’t want to find out too late that there’s a dead rat lying in a pipe somewhere. Encouraging employees to stay alert will prevent a lot of heartache. Even if the reports turn out to be harmless, better to be aware.
- Encourage constant feedback from staff regarding the state and performance of the equipment. And to act on that feedback.
Better Safe Than Sorry
This advice may be based on an old adage, but it’s as true today as it ever was. It’s simply this. Take good care of your process cooling equipment. And your cooling equipment will take good care of you. It’s quid pro quo!